In the fall and winter of 1928, a group of Christians met to pray and plan for a new church in north Lansing. This church, located on North Street, between Ballard and High Streets, was dedicated February 24, 1929 as Second Church of the Nazarene. In 1930 the name was changed to North Street Church of the Nazarene. A new church was built next door to the existing structure on the corner of North and High Streets, and it was dedicated on April 27, 1952.
As time went on the church purchased 10 acres of property on State Road, and in 1979 the new church building was completed and dedicated. At this time the congregation voted to change the name to Woodview Church of the Nazarene.
In recent years Woodview has remained faithful to its missional roots. Since 2000 there have been eight Work and Witness teams from our church that have traveled to various locations both in our country and around the world. Today we continue to be involved in serving those both around the world and in our community.
From the beginning Woodview has been commited to reaching people with the saving and sanctifying grace of Jesus Christ. Since we have been loved by God, it is our joy to love others as well.